No products in the cart.
- Private backyard
- Family friendly
- Modern and private concept
- Transform the backyard completely
- Remove trees and stumps
- Remove dangerous old walls and vegetable gardens
- Level the ground and plant turf
- Plant trees
In this private backyard design case study, we will examine a project at Freshwater. We were met with a challenge, as the backyard was full of Privet Trees, numerous unkempt vegetable gardens, old roots, and a lot of rubbish. Additionally, old paver walls and bricks were falling down in the backyard, which made it dangerous.
The brief was to transform the backyard into a private, modern garden with enough space for children to play.
- Excavate: An excavator was needed to take down the walls and remove the bricks, rubbish, roots, etc and to flatten the garden.
- Lay turf: We filled the entire backyard with turf that just slopes through without the need for walls.
- Create a backdrop: In order to create a backdrop, we planted Murrayas on both sides of the backyard. We also chose Lilly Pillies for the back as they provide amazing colours and are low maintenance.
- Create a modern look: We painted them with Woodlands Grey to create a modern look. We also added some plants along the front of the fence to make it look and feel more refreshing.
- Create privacy: In the back part of the yard, we added —– red tip and Lilly Pillies to increase the sense of privacy as they grow over time.
A Private Backyard Design Makeover
The old and shallow Wyndora Avenue Freshwater backyard became a practical and beautiful space with a modern feel. This complete makeover was a tremendous success.
We’ve turned a backyard filled with rubbish into a welcoming and beautiful space. On top of that, we made it suitable for kids to play and added a sense of privacy.
Would you like to renovate your backyard?
Do you have an older style backyard that is screaming out for a renovation? You can transform your outdoor space into a practical and beautiful setting. We offer landscaping and design services to ensure you get the renovation for you garden, courtyard or balcony that you really want!
For more information, please give us a call or visit us to schedule a free consultation.